But first let's look at a definition to help further explain
Affirmations or affirming refers to the practice of positive thinking and self empowerment. It is presented in the form of positive phrases and/or statements. They are typically used to challenge and overcome negative self thoughts. It helps to think positively and to be able to correct negativity. To reap the best benefits, it would be helpful to have daily affirmations. You can say them aloud, write them down, or save them as a screensaver. The affirmations will eventually help you not only form a habit but change your thinking as well.
Ten benefits of using affirmations
- Control negative feelings such as anger or frustration
- Improve Self-Esteem
- Relieve Stress
- Motivate you to act on your goals
- Increase Gratitude Practices
- Improve Productivity
- Assist in confronting and overcoming self sabotaging thoughts
- Change Negative Habits into Positive Patterns
- Increase Overall Mood
- Achieve Success
How do I incorporate this into planning?
- Weekly Planning: Jot down your affirmation or use an affirmation sticker to refer to throughout the week to help keep you uplifted.
- Daily Planning: Use an affirmation sticker each day so throughout your day you can constantly remind yourself what it is you are trying to affirm. It is also good to read an affirmation each morning before starting your day to begin in such a positive mood!
- Journaling: When you journal make sure you reflect on how much you were able to redirect your mood and emotions from negative to positive. See how you could have reacted more positively or how you could have utilized an affirmation in that situation to help. Try to say or write your affirmation(s) in the morning before starting your day!
What does StickWithCatie offer to help you utilize affirmations in your everyday life?
- Affirmations! And plenty of variations! We love to include affirmations in anything we do. To create the life you want, you have to first know what it is you want. Having affirmations helps speak life into those goals and dreams!
- Inspirational Scripts! Sometimes it’s hard to bounce back from negative situations but a simple inspirational quote can help you shift and let go of all the negativity.